Exploring the Dimensions of Recovery and Recovery Support Services
June 9, 2012 | 8:30 a.m.–5:15 p.m. Pacific Time | La Quinta Resort & Club | Palm Springs, CA
This special, free, in-person training session will precede the 74th Annual Meeting of the College on Problems of Drug Dependence, which will be held June 9–14, 2012.
Sponsored by SAMHSA, the training will provide peer specialists, clinicians, clinical supervisors, and administrators with the most up-to-date information and practices on recovery and recovery support services, including:
- Research on the efficacy of recovery support services and information on evidence-based services
- The role of peer recovery coaches and recovery community organizations in the system of care
- Information on specific recovery support services and financing of recovery support services
Participants will have the opportunity to discuss how they can implement recovery support services in their organizations.
- Presentations from experts in the field of recovery and recovery support services
- Access to leading recovery community service providers and researchers
- Free continuing education units (CEUs) from NAADAC, the Association for Addiction Professionals
- Free National Board for Certified Counselors CEUs
- Access to online training materials (presentations will be posted following the training)